Monday, August 18, 2014

The all-consuming hype for Browns QB's

Spent too much time over the week end besieged by the central drop-dead issue in Northern  Ohio:  Will Quarterbacks Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel start the Monday night exhibition game against the Washington Redskins? Well?

Having grown up in Western Pennsylvania with only a passing interest in Jim Brown or Otto Graham, I didn't intend to get sucked into the media hype over the Browns' decision.  But ever since a young man also named Johnny Football was inserted into the equation, I've had no choice.  I really believe the media planted a computer chip in my brain as I was fishing around on the internet for a Steelers score.

Quarterback controversies for the Browns, of course, are not new.  But they serve to rev up interest in the fans before they realize that the Monday night starter  may be meaningless when the real season begins.

Computer chip?  Why do things go haywire when I stand too close to the microwave?  

No comments: